So I have to reveal 11 truths about myself, answer the 11 questions posed by Finch, nominate another 11 blogs to further this benign pyramid-scheme, and ask them 11 questions of my own ... now where were the reward in there?
Okay, here we go:
11 truths about me:
- My names is Carsten (so German offspring of the royal Danish name Christian), I'm 42 years old and been with the same woman for 20 years ...!
- I'm a Pickford-o-holic
- I'm Superman, and if you don't believe me, ask my kids
- I'm a Liverpool-fanatic
- I like flying, dreamt of becoming a pilot - ended up studying micro economy
- I've seen Bridget Jones's Diary .... - twice :-o
- I like collecting stuff - and I have a nice little collection of Champagne muselet caps, too
- I like men - especially small bearded stunties - preferably 28mm-scaled
- I see lead people - even in my dreams
- I actually believe that I, one day, will get all my miniatures painted - cause I actually do paint miniatures
- I've cheated - I have been buying lots of plastic miniatures lately - sorry .... :)
And then to answer the 11 questions I got from Finch:
- What was the last book you've read? I read a lot books at work, but doesn't really count - so last book was Osprey's Myth and Legends "King Arthur"
- How did you first get into the hobby? Dad was a Model Railway enthusiast so it all started with him. But need more action so got into 1:72 tanks and planes. Gaming-wise it all started (like so many others) with D'n'D and 40K in Highschool years.
- Would you say you are more a painter or gamer and why? Painter and Collector. Don't have much time for gaming anymore, but really miss that part of the hobby.
- Who is your favorite miniature sculptor? How dare you :-)
- Who is your favorite painter and would you like to emulate their style? Oh, there have been so many over ....! .... I'd say that the most inspiring overall must have been Mike McVey - and no, will never even try emulate his style - simply not talented enough, I'm afraid.
- Do you have a comfort zone in painting technique or colors that you tend to fall back on? Greens ... supergreens
- Do you like to have the right atmosphere when painting; music, movies, quiet? I like painting when the house is all quiet (aka when wife and kids sleep) - so "as quiet as possible" (but do occasionally listen to podcasts)
- Buyer's remorse. What recent hobby purchase do you most regret (if any)? Vallejo Still Water Effect, shrink and just looks wrong! But am usually rather happy with the things I buy
- Would you rather burn everything you own, or keep everything you own but never gain anything for the rest of your life? Like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. I really like my things and many are very dear to me, but also like exploring new worlds .... so ... won't be happy about it, but will go for the "burning"!
- When you finally shuffle off this mortal coil, what would you like to happen to your hobby collection? Maybe the kids want it. Youngest, seems to have an interest in gaming and painting - but if not I'd like to see it go to a smoke and pet-free home with low humidity and a good air ventilation system :)
- Peanut butter. Smooth or Crunchy? I hate peanut butter :)
So many people that deserves a nomination, but have to narrow it down to the 11 blog's that I enjoy the most. So here we go - my nominees are:
A Conflict of Interests
Blue's Marauding Miniatures
Dear Tony Blair
Dr. The Viking's Miniature Games Hell
Gurer - the blog
Magpie and Old Lead
Mr Saturday's Mumblings
My Life in Millimetres
Oldhammer on a Budget
Well done guy's - you make blog reading such a pleasure.
I'm not good at this ... as the blogs I like is rather a mixed bag? .... Copied some of Finch's questions and add some of my own - here we go:
- Sci-fi or fantasy? Ancient or Modern warfare? And why?
- How did you first get into the miniature/war-gaming hobby?
- What's the latest hobby-related book you've read?
- What's your latest game you've played (tabletop/boardgame)?
- Would you say you are more a collector, painter or gamer and why?
- Who is your favourite miniature sculptor?
- Who is your favourite rule-book/source-book - illustrator/artist and/or writer?
- Who is your all time favourite miniatures producing company?
- What's you favourite miniatures game/rule producer?
- What's your dearest item in you collection - and why?
- What recent hobby purchase do you most regret (if any)?